The league Executive have released another statement to cover finer details of the implications of suspending the season until further notice due to the COVID-19 outbreak:
Following yesterday’s communication about the ECB’s suspension of all recreational cricket, and therefore the start of our Huddersfield League 2020 cricket season, pls find hereunder some further information and decisions regarding this emergency situation:
1. Payment of 2020 League fees and affiliation fees will be delayed until cricket recommences – whenever that turns out to be
2. Our ball supplier Readers have kindly agreed to hold stock of cricket balls and therefore no payment for balls or scorebooks will be required until the season gets under way
3. No Executive or Council meetings will take place until further notice, but the League will issue regular monthly bulletins to keep Clubs in touch
4. Any Club wishing to suspend payments on their existing loan from the League may do so by making a direct request to the League Treasurer Andy Hill. Details to be discussed and mutually agreed with Andy.
5. No further loans will be issued to Clubs for the time being
6. Printing of the 2020 League Handbook has been suspended for the moment
Hopefully the above answers some of the initial questions and concerns raised by Clubs. If Clubs have further questions or concerns pls do not hesitate to raise them with the League Executive who will try to deal with them as clearly as possible in these uncertain circumstances.
The League will continue to monitor developments as they unfold and keep in constant touch with the cricket authorities. Any new information or decisions will be communicated directly to Club Secretaries and Reps.
Please read and understand carefully the advice issued by the NHS on avoiding the spread of COVID-19.